Friday 10 April 2009

MTVZZZZ

I'm obsessed with

Good music videos.

I remember watching Korn - Freak on a Leash for the 1st time and thinking OH EM GEE, as well as Manna Manna by the Muppets which I have recently revisted with

SOPHIE*

my Girlfriend.. (LSD much?)

But my favourite flavour are the electronic music videos, namely Cunningham (Warp Records, Aphex Twin etc) but much more....

Thought I'd upload my top 5 and see what you think, these are not to be missed...

ps: * She complained after I referred to her as "girlfriend" rather than her actual name, have since edited post.


1.The Chemical Brothers Feat. Kele Bloc Party - Believe



Truly terrifying! Amazing special effects and nice druggy aftertaste at the end.


2.Rubber Johnny - Aphex Twin (Directed by Chris Cunningham) [gave my friend Sam nightmares]



Absolutely disturbing as Fuck. Watch out.



3.Justice - Stress



Perfect for the song, highly controversial and got banned. (Watch out for the bit then he kicks D.A.N.C.E. to shit in the Car stereo, trying to tell us something Justice?!)


4.Daft Punk - AeroDynamic



Classic, beautiful song and beautiful video (part of a series/manga story based on the tracks from Daft Punk's "Discovery")


5.The Human League - Don't You Want Me



Couldn't be more 80's if it tried - still an amazing song. Check out that Guy Liner!



Have I missed any?




fuck it, here's Mana Mana - Muppets.

1 comment:

  1. Great choices sir!

    I think you should check out this too if you havent already:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko5ryBx65ZM

    its the new simian vid made by kate moross - ace!
    and yes...ill be learning to dj with you as soon as im back in leeds yesyes!!

    ReplyDelete